The care of your health is a partnership between you and us in the Primary Health Care Team. We will try to be as flexible, supportive and understanding as possible, in helping you maintain your health.
This partnership like most others is supported by a shared understanding of each others’ responsibility in the relationship.
What should you expect from us
- To be greeted courteously and with mutual respect.
- To have your health related issues treated in a confidential manner. We will not share your information, unless with your express permission.
- To be seen by the doctor of your choice whenever possible.
- To be referred to other health professionals when deemed necessary either by you or your doctor.
- To receive the results of tests carried out by us upon request within 10 days by contacting reception or at your next appointment.
- To aim to have repeat prescriptions ready for collection within one working day of your request.
- To have suggestions and comments about the services given serious consideration by the practice team and any complaint dealt with quickly.
- To be seen urgently or have a domiciliary visit if your condition warrants it.
What we expect from you
- We expect to be treated with the same respect you receive from us.
- We should be kept up to date of any change of name, address or telephone number, in order that we can contact you when necessary.
- Please cancel your appointment if you are unable to attend in order that it can be offered to some one else.
Leaving our care
Our practice takes pride in the long term relationship we have with our patients however any patient can move from our practice to any other, either when leaving our area or as a matter of choice.
Violence or the threat of it against any of the practice staff will result in us requesting you to leave our care immediately.